The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, or RICS, is the world's leading professional body dedicated to the economics and management of land, property, construction and related environmental issues. This means any advice they given by their members will be of the highest professional standard. Members are bound by a strict code of conduct that regulates how they deal with you and your money. They must also have professional indemnity insurance.

Yes. We are required to maintain Professional Indemnity Insurance for all our work as a condition of being a member of the RICS. This is controlled and monitored by the Institution. Having a formal complaints procedure is also a requirement of the RICS. A copy of this can be supplied on request.

We accept appointments from Building Owners proposing to undertake construction work coming under the Party Wall etc Act 1996 or on behalf of adjoining owners to safeguard their interests when such work is being carried out that could affect their property.

A Schedule of Condition is a report recording the current condition of a property. The Schedule of Condition will often include a photographs record. We will encourage the building owners to have a Schedule of Condition of the adjoining owners property undertake prior to the commencement of works in order to ensure that the condition of the property is agreed. This will thereby safeguard the interests of both parties. A schedule of condition can be referred to should damage later occur as a direct result of the works. The Schedule of Condition, if undertaken will become a part of the Award and therefore a legal record of the condition for later referral and can aid both parties in resolving any dispute.

Party wall agreements contain all of the information required to be included on a party wall notice. You do not therefore need to serve a separate party wall notice if your neighbour has signed the party wall agreement. Unless you have spoken with your neighbour and know that they are willing to sign a party wall agreement you should generally first serve a party wall notice. Your neighbour can still sign a party wall agreement even after notice has been served.


Use our contact form or any of the details below to get in touch...


The Maidstone Studios, New Cut Road,
Maidstone ME14 5NZ


0845 5240270 / 07811 124256